Academic standards are high, and we take intellectual research seriously. Our aim is to help all students develop their academic ability and personal potential. All students who come to Prime are expected to work hard, but we also want students to develop a wide range of skills and interests during their college years. Admission is strictly based on academic achievement and perceived potential. This does not only mean an ability to pass examinations, but also requires a capacity to think, present arguments, communicate and work individually and in groups.
Students learn not only from college academics, but also from their fellow students. For these reasons, we take the following seriously:
- Care in selecting and admitting students during the admission process. Supporting students academically and personally.
- Provision of excellence in teaching.
- Friendly Community.
The college is a warm, diverse and informal community. Members of the college come from a variety of places and cultural backgrounds. Central to the college is the 100+ dedicated and helpful academic faculty and staff. Student activities are mainly organized by the students themselves and participation is an important feature of Prime.
Life at Prime
Prime is about personal fulfillment. You will meet many different people, make some lifelong friends, and have a great time. Once you pass out from Prime, you will be equipped to face future challenges and create a strong mark in the world.
Prime is also the center of a wide range of social and sporting activities. Various exciting activities take place each year. Prime students manage their own clubs and societies, including Classics, Drama, and History. The Drama Society puts on a wide range of plays and shows. There are also many sports, including badminton, basketball and football.
Prime is close to the city and yet it has privacy in terms of local hustle and bustle. Our infrastructure is designed to cater to the needs of the students and support them with their academics and future goals. Those studying at Prime enjoy a beautiful environment unique in its spaciousness.
Distinguished Features Separating Us from the Rest
- Our curriculum equips students with a total skill set and promotes academic brilliance, so students get every opportunity to be transformed into winners and leaders.
- We have been able to maintain outstanding results in all courses that we offer. Our passed- out batches are already employed in various job markets with encouraging responses and growing demand.
- We offer non-stop Optical Fiber connectivity, provided by NREN in our computer labs and on the college premises.
- What initiated as a Prime Cup by the College is now an under–19 National Level Tournament, regulated by Nepal Basketball Association (NeBA).
- We have overcome the prevailing problem of load shedding by using a very powerful generator.
- The college library is well-stocked with a large number of textbooks, upgraded per faculty and student demands and needs.
- We have equipped computer labs where students have free internet access. The students are under close supervision by instructors and faculty for assistance.
- As part of our initiative towards social responsibility, we engage our students in various civic and social causes.
- We arrange tours for students where they can enjoy and learn, as well as get better exposure for diverse environments.
- We provide pre-medical and pre-engineering classes for science students in class XII.